Thursday, May 6, 2010

Departure


After struggling to pass inspection, the van is finally ready to go! Some minor brake and suspension problems that should have taken 1 day to fix took about 3. Frustrating sure, but the advantage of not having any plans means we're not late for anything either; I'm just ready to get on the road!

So this is my last night in Richmond. Also the last night in a bed, last night with air conditioning, last night with a bathroom anywhere nearby, last day with a shower for who knows how long... I'm sure there's more, but I'll find out soon enough. Oil changed, new brakes, suspension good to go, passed inspection, and some finishing touches (minus a well overdue washing). Packed some clothes, tools, camping gear, various other "supplies", and my passport. Tomorrow morning I'm picking up Robert and we're headed to Pittsburgh. The drift is on.

2 comments:

  1. "Supplies"? Do you have a mushroom farm growing in the back of your van?

    ReplyDelete